Who We Are
1. Optimum Patient Care Global Ltd, in partnership with Optimum Patient Care Ltd, a not-for-profit social enterprise, has over 14 years’ experience of working to support primary care in the UK. We provide clinical review and reporting services, research support services (observational, database, clinical trials), and data services in primary care.
2. We are a registered data controller with the ICO. ICO Registration number: ZA146349
Collecting Information from Users
3. We shall collect the following information from users to the website:
a) The IP address you use to access https://www.apexcopd.org
b) The URLs of any of our web-pages which you visit and the time of such visit.
In order to collect the above information, we use the following tools and services:
5. Cookies. We use persistent cookies on our website. A cookie is a small information file that is transferred to a user’s computer. Our cookies have an expiration date set 24 months from the most recent website visit date. These cookies are retained to allow analytics to differentiate between visitors to facilitate and assist with the improvement of the website. You can find out more about how to manage cookies at https://ico.org.uk/for-the-public/online/cookies/
7. The additional personal data we collect from users who complete a form or contact us may include:
- Your name and title
- Your organisation’s name
- Your email address and/or phone number
- Your job title
Use of Information
10. We reserve the right to use information we collect about you:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to respond to your enquiry;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer; and/or
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure.
11. When we collect personal information directly from you, we will take reasonable steps at or before the time of collection to ensure that you are aware of certain key matters, such as the purposes for which we are collecting the information, the organisations (or types of organisations) to which we would normally disclose information of that kind, the fact that you are able to access the information and how to contact us;
12. If we use or disclose your personal information for a purpose (the “new purpose”) other than the main reason for which it was originally collected (the “original purpose”), to the extent required by the Data Protection Act 2018 we will ensure that:
- the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose; or
- you have consented to the use or disclosure of your personal information for the new purpose; or
- the use or disclosure is required or authorised by or under law.
13. By using our website, you give us the right to share your personal information with any member of our group, which includes our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and its subsidiaries, or any entity under common control with us.
14. We reserve the right to disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply any other agreements; or to protect the rights, property of safety of us, our customer, or others.
15. We strive to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal information submitted to our sites, and we review and update our security measures in light of current technologies. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be totally secure. Any transmission of data is at your own risk.
16. We will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information you transmit to us online. Once we receive your data, we will take all reasonable steps to ensure its security on our systems.
17. In addition, our employees and the contractors who provide services related to our information systems are obliged to respect the confidentiality of any personal information held by us. We are not responsible for events arising from unauthorised access to your personal information.
Links to other sites
18. Our site may provide links to websites outside of our own. These linked sites are not under our control, and we cannot accept responsibility or liability for the conduct of companies linked to from our website or for their privacy policies. Before disclosing your personal information on any other website, we advise you to examine the terms and conditions of that website and its privacy statement.
19. Under the Data Protection Act 2018, you have the right:
- To request information about how your personal data is processed
- To request a copy of that personal data
- To request the correction of any inaccurate personal data
- To raise an objection about how your personal data is processed
- To request that your personal data is deleted if there is no longer a justification to keep it
- To ask for the restriction of the processing of your personal data in certain circumstances
- To lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner, an independent regulator.
20. For any requests relating to the above, please submit them to our Data Protection Office on the contact details provided below.
Complaints and Questions
Data Protection Officer
Optimum Patient Care Global Ltd
5 Coles Lane, Oakington, Cambridge, CB24 3BA
Tel: 01223 967873
If you wish to make a complaint to the Information Commissioner, being an independent regulator, they can be contacted at
Tel: 0303 123 1113
Information Commissioner’s Office
Cheshire SK9 5AF